A couple more

barb.j.enders

10 minutes ago, don in brooklin on said:

Both are great but really love the mouse. 

Wat wood did you use for the snow on the Christmas tree?  Cool

It actually isn't wood.  It is broken bits of larger beads/crystals.  I was going for a shiny "glitter" look.  I tried spraying shellac on top, but they didn't stick.  Then I sprayed my glue on top but it didn't dry clear.  It was kinda fuzzy.  I may try an idea my neighbour had - spray hairspray!

Hi Barb,  I really like the intarsia pieces you’ve been making.  To have the glitter stick I wonder if Mod Podge would work I believe it dries clear or even Paint Medium I’m sure that also dries clear. I’ve never tried it but Mod Podge and Paint Medium have glue in them. 

Edited by Tomanydogs

5 hours ago, Tomanydogs said:

Hi Barb,  I really like the intarsia pieces you’ve been making.  To have the glitter stick I wonder if Mod Podge would work I believe it dries clear or even Paint Medium I’m sure that also dries clear. I’ve never tried it but Mod Podge and Paint Medium have glue in them. 

I will have to look into that.  I ended up just using a silver paint pen and put the dots on.

On 10/12/2024 at 8:57 AM, barb.j.enders said:

This was from the latest scroll saw magazine.

On 10/12/2024 at 10:01 PM, Gonzo said:

Awesome job on the mouse. Christmas tree also. I don’t recall seeing the mouse in the magazine. I’ll have to go back and take a look at it.

Issue 97, Winter 2024 literally just came out and with Barb in Canada, she may not have her’s yet (I got mine end of last week). The issue with Janette Square’s intarsia pattern of the mouse on the leaf was in the prior one, Issue 96, Fall 2024 on page 55. The article is entitled “Riding the Wind.” 

Barb, you did excellent work on all your projects. I have finally got my saws accessible and I will have to try some pieces soon. Intarsia may have to wait a bit though until I get my skill set back up to speed. 😏🫣

15 hours ago, meflick said:

Issue 97, Winter 2024 literally just came out and with Barb in Canada, she may not have her’s yet (I got mine end of last week). The issue with Janette Square’s intarsia pattern of the mouse on the leaf was in the prior one, Issue 96, Fall 2024 on page 55. The article is entitled “Riding the Wind.” 

Barb, you did excellent work on all your projects. I have finally got my saws accessible and I will have to try some pieces soon. Intarsia may have to wait a bit though until I get my skill set back up to speed. 😏🫣

Glad that your saws are accessible again.  Thanks for clarifying my earlier replies.  

I am sure it won't take you very long to get back up to speed.  Looking forward to seeing your work again!