Center drawing

coldwood

I don't know if this is what you was trying to do.. Yours was in a PDF format but I couldn't get it to save that way.. got a pop-up saying some details might be lost if saving it as PDF so I just saved the file on my PC and then open it up and print screen and saved as png I think? anyay after that I open it up in windows and cropped it and saved it again. I know there is a way to do this within inkscape but I couldn't get it to work. This particular computer is glitchy with inkscape so I don't know if its because of that or me not knowing how to do that with inkscape.. 

Anyway maybe this will work?

Kitchen.png

It sounds like the imported drawing is larger than the page in Inkscape and is hiding the page.  You can make the page in Inkscape larger with the Document properties under the file drop down or reduce the size of the imported drawing.  Reduce the size using the sizing arrows when you select the imported drawing.  I usually center the drawing on the page by eye using the select tool and dragging the drawing into position.

Tom

17 hours ago, jollyred said:

It sounds like the imported drawing is larger than the page in Inkscape and is hiding the page.  You can make the page in Inkscape larger with the Document properties under the file drop down or reduce the size of the imported drawing.  Reduce the size using the sizing arrows when you select the imported drawing.  I usually center the drawing on the page by eye using the select tool and dragging the drawing into position.

Tom

The page is the same size. the drawing is smaller

On 10/12/2024 at 4:46 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I don't know if this is what you was trying to do.. Yours was in a PDF format but I couldn't get it to save that way.. got a pop-up saying some details might be lost if saving it as PDF so I just saved the file on my PC and then open it up and print screen and saved as png I think? anyay after that I open it up in windows and cropped it and saved it again. I know there is a way to do this within inkscape but I couldn't get it to work. This particular computer is glitchy with inkscape so I don't know if its because of that or me not knowing how to do that with inkscape.. 

Kitchen.png

Thats what I was looking for. thanks

On 10/12/2024 at 4:46 PM, kmmcrafts said:

Kitchen.png

what windows program did you crop with?

1 hour ago, coldwood said:

what windows program did you crop with?

Hmm good question.. I have no idea really, I have windows 10 and whatever program opens up photos is what I use.. at the top there is edit buttons, rotate, zoom etc.. I did a screenshot of my computer screen to show what it looks like. See up top of the window of the photo it shows tools like print, delete, the edit icon is the first one with a pen looking icon on it. Click that and then it allows for cropping etc.

Kitchen2.png

The image in the PDF is really large as compared to the drawing inside.  

To get the image only you can use Inkscape to CLIP the image.

open inkscape

Import the kitchen pdf

select the rectangle tool and draw a box over the image.  (you may have to lower the opacity so you can see it drawing)

Once you get to the size you want.  Select images and the box. (use shift key)

go to Object - clip - set clip

You now have image of just the kitchen.  

I then opened new document. and copied the image to the new document.

With the new document you can center the image to the page. (if you want you can enlarge to the page)

Save as PDF 

sss.pdf

2 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

open inkscape

Import the kitchen pdf

select the rectangle tool and draw a box over the image.  (you may have to lower the opacity so you can see it drawing)

With the new document you can center the image to the page. (if you want you can enlarge to the page)

Save as PDF 

sss.pdf 2.44 MB · 0 downloads

That is how I know to do it in inkscape but i couldn't get it to work and I think it was just this old computer I was using and inkscape don't get along well.. makes whole computer glitchy and slow etc.. so I wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong or if it was just my glitchy PC, LOL

5 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

open inkscape

Import the kitchen pdf

Save as PDF 

sss.pdf 2.44 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Don

I did all the steps  to set clip . I opened a new document and dont know where the doc I was working on is.