Blade holders

coldwood

I have bought these blade holders in the past from Lee Valley or Busy Bee but they no longer carry them. 

I cant seem to find them anywhere. The size fits the tray that I have all my scroll saw blades in.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a pack or so. Amazons size is thicker so they  won't fit in my tray holder.

The size I need is 5./12 to 6" by 1/2"wide . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

thumbnail_IMG_2470.jpg

Try uline 1/2" plastic tubes, they have caps for the ends.

This is a pet peeve of mine. You take the time and effort to make things and then  " they " change the standard sizes of things and your efforts go to waste. Just went through this with the spice rack I built, now it's a knick nack shelf and every one is downsizing and minimizing. Aak. 🫤

I also have the plastic test tubes that fit into the Excalibur slots. I bought them from eBay but that was some years ago so not sure I could find the seller now. I never measured them but I think they're approx. 1/2".. when I purchased them they was size in mm so I struggled to figure out if they'd fit. 

Could always buy some PVC pipe and some end caps to make some. 

Edit: Looking on eBay I think it was 16mm x 150mm but 16mm is more like 5/8 inch so you would need closer to a 12-13mm.. 12 being just under 1/2 and 13 just a fraction over 1/2.. 150mm is approx. 6 inch. I think

Edited by kmmcrafts

I bought 16x150mm plastic test tubes from Amazon about 75 cents each. (CANADIAN).

They fit in my EX-21.  They have cork tops instead of of twist tops. A little higher but would work. 

I have enough of the tubes I got from Lee Valley a long time ago. I do group buys by the gross for our club and this easier for members. I added a dollar to the price and they still got a deal.

20241017_141723.jpg

That is one thing I really like about my Excalibur is that the base will hold my more favorite blades.. Was always going to make something to have blade storage on the other saws but never have done it yet. 

I also agree with JT if you're not able to find something you may need to modify or make a holder..

4 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

I bought 16x150mm plastic test tubes from Amazon about 75 cents each. (CANADIAN).

They fit in my EX-21.  They have cork tops instead of of twist tops. A little higher but would work. 

I have enough of the tubes I got from Lee Valley a long time ago. I do group buys by the gross for our club and this easier for members. I added a dollar to the price and they still got a deal.

20241017_141723.jpg

Hi Don. I did buy from lee valley many years ago. They no longer carry them.