NEED A NEW "LIGHT".... :+}

danny

Really good setup???  I'm sure there going to be a lot different "good setup" suggestion's. My setup is good, but not necessarily really good, for me.

I use a typical 5X Mag light w/an LED ring light.  However, I do supplement that light with a high intensity goose neck light that mounts to the side of the saw with a magnetic base.  This light shines directly on the blade and creates a very visible shadow from where the blade intersects the pattern.  This shadow helps me see the blade and follow the line more accurately. 

My 2 cents.

I have purchased one expensive magnifying light and one Harbor Freight.  The Harbor Freight one works best for my eyes.  The expensive one has an LED light that is too bright for me.  It has a glass lens instead of plastic.  I like the glass but it is too powerful of magnification.  A lot depends on your eyesight and preferences.

25 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

Really good setup???  I'm sure there going to be a lot different "good setup" suggestion's. My setup is good, but not necessarily really good, for me.

I use a typical 5X Mag light w/an LED ring light.  However, I do supplement that light with a high intensity goose neck light that mounts to the side of the saw with a magnetic base.  This light shines directly on the blade and creates a very visible shadow from where the blade intersects the pattern.  This shadow helps me see the blade and follow the line more accurately. 

My 2 cents.

Frank, can you offer any info on your magnetic light? I've seen a few that magnetically mount to the sides of the upper arm. It seems like they were for sewing machines or something like that. About $10-15 ea. Can you maybe show a pic?

All magnifier lights come like glasses in that they have a rating of magnification. I have and suggest that you look at architects and draftsman mag lights. That is what I got years ago. I had a highend art store that carried things like that. they carried all the paints and canvases and things like that. They had the tables that draftspeople use. It was a nice store. Maybe you have something like that in the area. 

1 hour ago, OCtoolguy said:

Frank, can you offer any info on your magnetic light? .... Can you maybe show a pic?

Here is my light.  I guess it is about 4 years old now as I got it when I got my Pegas saw.   I can't even find a brand name on it.  Has Chinese writing on it.  The lamp does get in the way of the cut panel ocassionally. One reason I use spiral blades a lot - no spining th panel so it does not hit the light.  It was around $40, if I remember correctly.  Very much worth it, IMO. 

20241021_191318.thumb.jpg.45ebec6090ca492509f6d26f78a82605.jpg

20241021_191404.thumb.jpg.9e76ddcd8a1602bc5657f60c5c4b6d71.jpg

Hubby bought me this light for Christmas last year.  Game changer!  It has a heavy duty magnetic in the base that is controlled by the switch and clamps onto the scroll saw table.  It doesn't get in my way as it sits at the back of the table.  Since my saw has nil vibration that is not a issue.  The light is very bright, and the flexible neck lets me move the light wherever I need it. Was purchased from Amazon.

Lathe Light,1200 Lumens Magnetic Led Light, IP66 Waterproof Magnetic Base Shop Light for Milling Machine, Drill Press… - Amazon.com.html