Be Still And Know, Sheila Landry pattern

Charlie E

After cutting this I sat on my front porch and got still and quiet. My favorite squirrel got within a few feet from me. I can tell him apart because he's more brown than gray and has a skinnier tail. Lots of good things happen when we take the time to be still. :) 

May be an image of text

16 hours ago, jerry walters said:

That is really nice Charlie.  When I go for a walk in the mornings I do not have my phone in my ear, I enjoy the sounds of the birds, squirrels, and yes even the sound of the leaves rustling in the breeze.

Jerry

It must be nice. Where I live, there is the constant roar of traffic.

2 hours ago, BadBob said:

It must be nice. Where I live, there is the constant roar of traffic.

I live close to traffic too, I've just learned to ignore it.  Unless you go into the wilderness you are not going to get away from traffic.

I see you retired from the Air Force.  I wish I would have stayed in.

Jerry

7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Very nice job, I like the presentation and the contrast between the piece and the backer board!

Thank you! I’m sure I didn’t invent this process but in a lot of cases, like this one, the backer doesn’t stain as dark as I’d like. So I take a can of flat black spray paint and sort of fog it from a couple of feet away, then lightly wipe it with 0000 steel wool and repeat till I like the contrast. Then I spray it with a satin clear enamel. Works for me anyway. 😁