Pattern mounting

jump96

I use adhesive to apply my patterns to wood and sometimes use packing tape over that but not too much to hold the pattern more to lube the blade but it also helps to hold the pattern down. When finished cutting I use a heat gun/ hair dryer on high heat and carefully as not to burn or catch the paper on fire and heat it and it releases the pattern really easy and then take spirit oil or paint thinner dilluted with water and clean the wood to remove residue. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If it's a quik cut i just use the spray adhesive, but if it will take a while or is a difficult pattern i first lay down a peice of Glad press and seal and roll it down with a small wallpaper roller. Then i attatch the pattern with spray adhesive as usual. PLEASE NOTE don't use glad wrap or saran wrap. GLAD PRESS AND SEAL. the pattern holds good and then it and the press and seal pull right off. I also use the clear tape as it does lube the blad and also holds the patter together in tight cuts.

sully

I use spray glue but a very, very thingh coating of it. No more then 1 second of spraying for the whole sheet.

it will be tacky enough.

If there are wet spots on the paper it will stick too much and wont come off easily.

it doesnt have to be on there for long. just long enough for me to cut the pattern out.

I spray the pattern with adhesive, wiat a few seconds and let the adhesive start to set(gets very tacky to touch) apply the pattern to the wood and rub over it with hand to smooth out and press down firmly especialy around the edges. I cut it out and then wipe with a good coating of mineral spirits lay aside for several minutes and then the pattern almost falls off by itself. Wipe down the existing residue with the spirits and wipe dry. I then let the piece dry at least overnight before sanding. You do not have to wait but it is less likely to clog your sandpaper so bad. Just the way that I do it here in the hills. Steve

• 9 months later...