naomi

amazingkevin

Kevin, I am troubled by your comment I had to cut corners and so busy no time for details. I have seen other works that you have completed and they look fantastic. Yes I understand that you quoted a price that was way to low for the item you were providing. Everyone does it, I for one have done it quite a few times. But look at it this way please if you would.

This was a custom order. Custom orders often bring many, many more custom orders if the product you provide is High quality and top workmanship. Providing one that lacks attention to detail will more than often hurt you in the long run. As word spreads that your work is lacking so will your customer base, even you dissatistified could reduce the number of orders you get in the future.

Yes you quoted a price that was to low. Create a product that you would have with all the normal attention to details and when you give it to your customer, explain to them that the price you quoted to them for this was off base, but you are still honoring the price you quoted. This lets them know they got a good deal, and you can correct your quote on your next project, custom order, etc.

Remember customer orders can keep you busy forever. With quality work yes you will become busy, but if the customers think highly of your work, they will not hesitate to wait for an order to be made for them. Most understand that it takes time to handcraft these items and will wait for it if your work is good. Try and make a log to keep track on how long each type of item takes you to make. This will help you in providing a time frame to your customers when an order could be completed and filled, based on your current workload.

I have been scrolling since the late 80's and have always strived to provide the best possible product when I am done. Each item I cut I always try and improve upon the previous. At times I have been so busy that I have had to tell customers that it may be 4 - 6 months before I could start their item and you know what 4 months later I was delivering their order to them because they knew I was back logged ahead of time. I hope this makes sense. These are just suggestions to help you out.

Yours in Scrolling