Making bigger projects

otho96

Ok i have a question. I have made a razor back that i posted, which i post again, it measures bout 14" in length and bout 8 or so high. I have had a request to make another one that is 2feet by 1foot, or even bigger if possible.

Question i have is how do i make the bigger projects if my saw only has 16" from blade to arm. I have seen some stuff on here that has been really big just not sure how i go about it. I like to make it for him, 1 just to see if i can do it and 2 well i think it be cool. Any tips tricks or help would be great.

As always Thanks

J

If you all the stars align, you can cut 32" with a 16" saw by working from the middle out. This doesn't always work out, though, because of angles of some of the cuts. But if you put together a game plan and think it through before cutting by working from the middle out, you might be able to pull it off. I think a lot of those large cuttings are done on the bigger saws (like the Excalibur 21").

This is where a spiral blade comes in handy. You don't have to turn your work peice to make all your cuts. Just follow your cut line no matter forward , backward or side to side. You could even go bigger than 32" because you can angle your peice and clear arm. I have cut 45"x60" over lay peices for picture frames on my 788 20".

John

• 1 month later...