Warping Wood

maine schroller

You shouldn't need a press for your solid wood. How are you storing it? Is it flat or leaning against the wall. I'd store it flat with support every 16" or so. If you're stacking a lot of wood, I'd add spacers between the layers (called stickers) every 16" to allow for air circulation. A lot of warping happens in change of humidity. Perhaps there is dramatic changes in humidity or heat in the shed?

Warping can also happen when cutting lumber (usually in rip cuts). There is internal stress in the wood that gets released and will sometimes warp a board. This is fairly minimal, though. Makes a big difference in furniture making, but in smaller projects, it probably won't be a big deal.

Anyway, that's all I can think of.

i'VE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH VERY THIN CUT IN PINE,WHITE WOOD PINE.oNE OF THE MUSCLE MAN PROJECTS ON THE LOWER LEGS ,CALF IT CLOSED UP ON ME. sO I PUT A WEDGE IN IT AND THAT FIXED THAT ONE FOR NOW I DID TAKE THE WEDGE OUT THE NEXT DAY. sORRY FOR THE CAPITALS ! oTHER PROJECTS I HAD PROBLEMS TOO BUT ONLY I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE SO I LET IT GO AS IS .