Great Deal

DWSUDEKUM

Tonight I purchased a cedar chest ( 8 foot x 10 foot x 7 foot x 1.4 thick ). Yes they paneled a whole room with cedar; walls and ceiling. I got the whole thing for just $40. It will take me a little while do disassemble it into useful pieces but doable. Each piece is tongue and groove and is 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick and various lengths from 1 foot to 3 feet. Looks like I am going to be making a LOT of cedar things in the near future;)

DW

• 2 months later...

I seen it first! nice find,i never find any ceder,maple but no ceder

Hey Kevin, I can find you some cedar if you need some (cheap if you come after it but you have to bring some sunshine and warm weather). I will not make things for shows out of cedar for the simple reason of not having that kind of supply. It is readily available at several wood yards around my area for a price. I have a fair amount of cedars on my property and have taken down a few and had milled. I have also made trades for a good deal of cedar,walnut and cherry.

• 2 weeks later...

I make most of my items of Eastern Red Cedar. I buy it here in Texas for about the price of Oak. I fill my pick-up with it every nine months or so. 1 1/8" by 8" by 8'. I resaw it to 3/8" and make jewelery boxes with it and inlay images into the lids.The buyers sure do like the smell. I fill the bed of my pick-up with it every 9 months or so. I found that 1/4" cedar would split a little too easy so I went to 3/8". Also when screwing on hinges I never did find screws shorter than 3/8" so even the sides of my boxes need to be 3/8". I can use some 1/4" for the bottoms of my boxes though. I have also glued some 1/4" stock together to make 1/2" for the 2 1/2" sides.