RBI 2203 help

Bryan Cramer

Hi guys, I am new to this form and fairly inexperienced in scrolling, but I am proficient in fine furniture making. I do scrolling as a hobby within a hobby. I recently bought a RBI 2203 on Criagslist (for $200). A friend of mine has a RBI 26" model he bought used (this is what got me started). When I bought my saw he gave me an extra upper quick change RBI clamp that came with his saw, but didn't fit. I modified it and put it on my saw. It works fine, but my blade moves side to side about 0.15". When it is running the blade is a blur looking at it from the front side (the teeth) it is vibrating so bad. When I shut off the saw I can hear the blade hum as it stops vibrating. Should I put my old upper clamp back on? I tested the saw with the old clamp and never noticed any blade vibration, but never measured the side to side movement.

Also is it possible to put a router speed control on this saw to act as a true variable speed? The previous owner said so, but will it not hurt the motor?

I really appreciate all of your help!

Bryan Cramer

Edited by Bryan Cramer

• 9 months later...