What are you up to?

Docupton

I'm working on a couple things. My main priority is a couple of wall lamps. That's mostly regular woodworking without any scrolling. But my livingroom needs extra light.

For scrolling, I'm making some napkin rings for Easter and a couple bunny cutouts from some reclaimed wood fence boards.

I'm still trying to finish my friends house ,4 months now..Can't wait to dive on in scrolling.It'll take time to get up to speed again .thank GOD for the gallery ,the pattern library and the forum to keep up with the now at the village.You've all done some fantastic patterns and projects i'd like to try!

I have been bitten by the Intarsia bug !!!!! Started at the first of the year and can't seem to stop !!!

I had in my mind to do a Victorian boot and could not find a pattern ... Jim Finn added a sketch to another forum request for a shoe and thanks Jim it was just what I was looking for.

Showing a picture of the finished shoe and my wall of projects.post-1934-0-56415600-1360946562_thumb.jpgpost-1934-0-32151600-1360946582_thumb.jpg

I'm working on a couple things. My main priority is a couple of wall lamps. That's mostly regular woodworking without any scrolling. But my livingroom needs extra light.

For scrolling, I'm making some napkin rings for Easter and a couple bunny cutouts from some reclaimed wood fence boards.

Hi Travis

Do you have a pattern for napkin rings, I was thinking about turning some but I would prefer to scroll. I am good a turning the first one but the duplicates are tough.

Thanks

Don

• 1 month later...

post-2247-0-65678800-1365109548_thumb.jpgpost-2247-0-74263800-1365109562_thumb.jpgI first started wood working about 30 years ago by doing wood carving. Looking for something to carve on I made, over the years,about 50 functional fireplace bellows. I am now working on making number 51 and the first one using a scroll saw. I have put an image of a jumping fish on the front using the double bevel inlay method with my scroll saw. When I get it finished I will post a photo of it. So "what am I up too?" this and filling an order for 20 cedar boxes with inlayed images on the lids.

Busy busy busy.....life is good.

Edit: Bellows made of Cedar with Maple inlay, leather and brass nozzle.

Edited by Jim Finn

Yesterday,I was a vendor at a monthly street fair in Post Texas and had a great sales day. About triple of my usual dollar sales, there. I sold over twenty boxes and some intarsia as well. So, today I have started making twenty replacement boxes for the sale next Saturday, here in Lubbock.

Working on two plaques for a customer. One is call "Crown of Thorns" the other is a praying hands over a bible with a cross piece. The crown goes intoa regulaer style frame with glass. They praying hands will be mounted in an oval frame that I working on now. Never thought ovals would be so trying to make. I'll post pictures of them when I get them completed.

Good Day Folks!

I have not been doing to much scrolling lately.  I been working on building my HO scale railroad layout.  It's a 4x8 with plans for future expansion.  I have also been building military models in 1/35 and 1/72 scale, these are your basic styrene kits, mostly from Tamiya.  I have a Flickr feed, (WigWagWorkshop) and (WisconsinRailfan) if your interested.  I don't post any updates to the WisconsinRailfan anymore, I now post everything to the WigWagWorkshop account.

post-1859-0-51551800-1366387553_thumb.jpg

I recently moved into a senior Mobile Home community and I am in the process of getting my shop set up. When that is complete  I will make some Birdhouses and Coin Banks.  We have 10 other woodworkers in the community that specialize in various types of woodworking I.e. Bowl turning. carving whirligigs and yard art. We met for the first time this week to discuss the possibility of forming a woodworking group where can learn different techniques

from one another. We also agreed to share our tools if the need arises.

Mike