What is the best way to remove the boot patterns without some barbs?

Toninho

Hello friends!
I would like to know your opinion!
I usually cut puzzles and other projects in maritime cluster. I paste the pattern before use sandpaper to remove the pattern well after cutting. But still always starts pieces of wood. What should I do to avoid damaging the work!?
Excuse my traduçao!

post-2085-0-67369700-1363456553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toninho

Don't know if I really understand the question, but if you're saying you sand the pattern off when finished cutting and damaging the wood. You can use mineral spirits or paint thinner to remove the pattern. What I do is brush on some mineral spirits and let sit for a couple minutes and the pattern comes right off. Then just wipe down the project with a lint free cloth dampened with mineral spirits to remove the residue. Hope this answers your question.

Hi Toniho

You could try this for your 'other' projects  (not puzzles) -  

Cover the marine ply wood with white masking tape first. 

Then spray adhesive on your pattern and stick this to your wood. 

Then use sellotape / clear tape over the top. 

I think that using reverse blades also helps eliminate splinters 

When you have cut your pattern the white masking tape should peel off easily leaving no residue. 

I am not sure, but I think people who make puzzles use a spray varnish and cut with special blades, but I think they leave the pattern on the wood.

Gary

Oi, Toniho, Gary deram-lhe o mesmo conselho que eu iria. Use a fita do Pintor que mascara na madeira e cola de borrifo de uso anexar o padrão à fita do pintor. Depois que você corta o projeto, a fita do pintor retirará muito facilmente da madeira com resíduo muito pequeno. O deus Abençoa! Spirithorse

@Gary  Thank you Gary! I discovered what I was doing wrong. First step: put yellow tape painter's tape after passing over the transparent adhesive tape and then spray painter with spray glue on top of the transparent tape and finally put the pattern!
My mistake!
Now I will follow your advice!
Greetings from Portugal!

• 2 weeks later...