My best Scrollsaw in UK

Hi.

I posted a few months ago that I was going to purchase a hegner saw,well I got two off fleabay.

The first was multicut 1 the second was a multicut 2se.compared to my excalibur both were noisy and to much vibration for my work the multicut 2 was hardly used like new.was not impressed after all the hype I had heard,so I put them both back on fleabay and made a small profit.

After reading all the reviews about the axminster awfs18 I bought one just less than £400.

Very quiet and hardly any vibration I think due to the extra weight.

I noticed there was a bit of side movement on top arm and watching the tension spring it seemed to oscilate.I purchased a hegner Zig Zag spring and when this was fitted no movement at all.

I have also fitted hegner clamps includeing the quick top clamp and upgraded this with mikes lever(this is the best thing since sliced bread for old fingers).

And noticed the front tension lever did not work as well as the hegners the rollers are very soft and tend to restrict the movement,changed these for hegner part and works like dream now.

I now think I have the best saw you can get in the UK mutch better than hegner and a lot cheaper.

I will stop looking now because I dont think I can better this.

Happy scrolling  Jim

• 3 weeks later...

i own an hegner, i bolted it on an heavy oak stool ( i used an old chair. sawed the back and doweled a 2" slab of oak on the seat ) under that i suspended with bungee cords a bag with 30kg of sand. and because i have an old wooden floor, my saw stand is resting on 3 layers of yoga matress to absorb vibrations.

i needed something moveable, i still have enough vibrations to scare my cat, but is afraid of everything, even the vibration of my cell phone.