Black Bear

Dan

Just finished this up this morning. Here's one from Charles Dearing's book. This is cut from a slab of buckeye burl. It measures 13" x 20" x 3/8" thick. I used black matting for the background and added 1/4" ply for added support because the burl is so thin. Only took about 2-1/2 hours to drill and cut with a #1 spiral. 

Thanks for looking.

post-1503-0-42681400-1364168579_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Clayton, the burl is soft, but great for cutting. There were a lot of voids in it so I had to select a pattern that would drop out most voids. There are still some small voids in it, but that just gives it character, right? I got it off eBay. Had it sitting around for months.

I'm on the library computer and things are working as they should .I've tryed to post to claytons and yours but could not for days.I have never seen a piece of wood go together with a project as yours.Accualy the piece of wood perimeter looks like an outline of a black bear,or you did that ,i don't know.What a quality cutting piece you've done DAN.By far this is a class # 1 exibit anywhere.A real show stopper .Thia has all the rifgt ingredients for making the grade.I'm not into bears at all but i'd hang this baby up in the home.You impressed the heck out of me with this one .!