Blade holder

revdave

You can take out the screw and check the end to see if there is a slight bur.  If so, you can sand that off and it will grip better.

I also like taking sandpaper pinched between my fingers, grip the end of the blade and give it a couple scuffs.  It'll give a bit more grip and remove any oils that might be on the blade.

I have had slippage on my DeWalt 788.  I then take the allen screw out of the side and sand/file it flat and do the same on the "thumbscrew"-- I replaced them with actual screws as the thumbscrews gave me problems.

This does seem to  help. I cut a fair amount of hickory-- make nameplates from  flooring scraps, so I know I abuse the blade holders!

• 1 month later...

I wear out the thumb screw holes so i try to clean them out with a q- tip and mineral spirits and regrease.My thumb screws are in terrible shape on the ends  basically the top  one as it is used much more than the bottom one.your right this is mushrommed.
Down time is not happy time so i run the saw in the ground before i find time to fix it,lol thats just me!

• 2 weeks later...