Mug

DWSUDEKUM

Mahandra to make the mug is not hard.  First you need either a compass or a soup can or something similar ( to make the outside circle ) once you have the outside circle you can draw the inner circle about 5/16" in from the outer one so the mug wall is about 5/16" thick.  Then just cut the centers out and if you are careful when cutting the centers you will not have too much sanding.  Then it is just a simple matter of gluing the layers together ( without the bottom ) sand smooth the insides and then once that is done glue the bottom on.  Other than drawing the handle up on a piece of board you are basically done minus whatever finish you are going to put on it.  The thing is you have to ensure that what ever finish you put on it is FULLY cured or you might ingest some of the chemicals in the finish.  If you can smell the finish it is not yet fully cured. Also these are not good for hot beverages as it will soften the glue joints but it works good for sodas, beer and other cold liquids.  Hope that helps.

DW

The master has spoken.Dw is a hard one to keep up with with his beautyful bowls mugs and such.he's got it all down pat and it's a piece of cake for him to do ,lol.i imagine the saw dust generated would keep the week end warrior from doing the type of work he does.But the out come it truely incredable to see!When i see the name DW in the forum i'm ready to be wowed when i open up his project topic.

DW

Mahandra to make the mug is not hard.  First you need either a compass or a soup can or something similar ( to make the outside circle ) once you have the outside circle you can draw the inner circle about 5/16" in from the outer one so the mug wall is about 5/16" thick.  Then just cut the centers out and if you are careful when cutting the centers you will not have too much sanding.  Then it is just a simple matter of gluing the layers together ( without the bottom ) sand smooth the insides and then once that is done glue the bottom on.  Other than drawing the handle up on a piece of board you are basically done minus whatever finish you are going to put on it.  The thing is you have to ensure that what ever finish you put on it is FULLY cured or you might ingest some of the chemicals in the finish.  If you can smell the finish it is not yet fully cured. Also these are not good for hot beverages as it will soften the glue joints but it works good for sodas, beer and other cold liquids.  Hope that helps.

DW

DW, thank you so much for explaining the process, I will try it soon. Like always I have to say this,your photography skills are excellent  :thumbs:

Mahendra

Edited by multitom