Dust Collection for EX-21?

tvman44

Last night while on line I stumbled across a adapter for the Dewalt 788 that you epoxy under the table for dust collection sold by the people that sell the Big Foot arm lift.  Looks like, a great idea and got me to thinking about making something similiar for my EX-21 only I would have to make mine out of wood, I looked today and it seems I have about a 1/2" vertical clearance between the underside of the table and the lower arm at it's highest part of the stroke.  Thinking about using some 1/8" Masonite and 1/4" lumber with a hole in the center for the blade to pass through and a 1" elbow on the bottom connected to my DC.  If it works for the DW788 it should work on my EX-21.  Does anyone know of something similar for the EX?  If not I may try to make one as I like the idea. :)  Right now I am pretty happy with my McGivered hookup but always looking for something better. :)
Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Bob, some of the new EXs' have a dust port on them, plus I think that you can purchase and adapt them to old saws that don't have it built in. I'm not sure where I saw it, but if you check with Ray at Seyco, he could probably set you up with one.

Len

I allways wonderd why the dw788 never had a dust collector.i mtoo would have concocted a cardboard add on dust collector but realized I don't mind dust all over me,lolNo big deal,just let me scroll,lol.lots of great ideas here in the village and yours is a good one too!

I'm with you kevin, dust collectors just suck. hehehehehe

sully