magnifying light

I bought the 90 led light from busybee in Canada when it was on sale for 60 some $.  I am sure the same is available in the USA.

http://www.busybeetools.com/products/MAGNIFYING-LAMP-90-LED-TABLE-MOUNTING.html

The light is great the madnifying not so great with my glasses.  I see 2 images.  If I close one eye it  magnifies okay.  If I fool around with the positioning I can get it right but it takes time.  My wife doesn't have any problems.

I haven't much need for the magnifier anyways but the LED light is great.

Don

I bought the 90 led light from busybee in Canada when it was on sale for 60 some $.  I am sure the same is available in the USA.

http://www.busybeetools.com/products/MAGNIFYING-LAMP-90-LED-TABLE-MOUNTING.html

The light is great the madnifying not so great with my glasses.  I see 2 images.  If I close one eye it  magnifies okay.  If I fool around with the positioning I can get it right but it takes time.  My wife doesn't have any problems.

I haven't much need for the magnifier anyways but the LED light is great.

Don

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has this problem.  

Like others I use a magnifying lens/light steadily - and also like others - I seem to make regular but minor adjustments to accommodate my glasses - this hasn't been a big deal - but noticeable. I've sometimes wondered if a set of magnifying goggles or visor would be an improvement. Also, despite the excellent light thrown by the magnifying lens I also add even more light from the side so that the blade will cast a shadow on the work - this helps relate the position of the blade to the pattern.

Jay

I don't wear Glasses, but do need the cheapie magnifer glasses.  I tried using the circle mag. light with bad results.  To me there

is a big change in what the eyes actually see and how the head must be positioned.  Nope....Light for sure....  Danny  :+}

I need all the light i can get LOL I actualy have 2 florecent fixtures over my saw 80 watts each, Then have 4 can recesed lights with 65 watt floods in them, and a light flex mounted 1' from the saw with a 40 watt flood in it. Shadows really made it hard for me to see the blade on the edge of the black. Another thing i do is to take the pattern to gimp and lighten the black to grey so the blade doesn't blend as bad into the pattern.

sully

I use cheaters. I have a T-5 light right above my scroll saw. With the addition of all the other lights it is great. I found that the magifiers, get dusty quick and tend to distort things if you move your heads position. So for me it the great lighting and cheaters. They still get dusty, but are quick to clean with a towel right beside me.

I use a Jewelers Visor and i love it ! I inherited all of my scroll  equipment and it came with a visor, two extra sets of snap on lenses ( 3x - 5x ). it is soo handy to have and if I nee it for drilling, it is right there on my head. My DeWalt has the light on the side and I also have three flourescent  lights with four bulbs each. PLENTY OF LIGHT.