Need some ideas

Tdub4ever

Good morning. I'd like to pick the brains of you woodworkers. Ok, my girfriends boss wants me to make 75 certificate frames for them, shadow box style. I'm using 3/4" x 2" oak. She wants them to be reusable every year for new certificates. My question is this, what would be a nice looking and simple way to make it reusable? I'm making the back detachable, but do not know how or what to do for them to be able to take the crtificate out and put another in. Ant ideas would be greatly appreciated! The frame in the pic is maple.

post-1875-0-10957800-1371742220_thumb.jpg

Well my thought. I learned this from Steve Good on his free patterns.

( give credit where credit is due)

You could place a 1/8 piece or thinner between the frame and the backing. Which would cause a slot to slide the cert. In and out. If these are going to hang on the wall mount the hangers on the outside edge or you could use a small amount of epoxy in the center of your backer board.good luck.

Hey Tdub4ever, do you think it was a wise move to accept the job of making these frames? Could it possibly lead to trouble for you girlfriend, in some way?

I like Kadar2s idea, it would be the simplest way to make them, or you could get small hinges and attach them to the backer board so that it would be easy to open the back and get to the certifcates. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for a solution.

Len