Attaching a Pattern to the wood blank or blanks.... :+}

danny

Hello to All....  First actual post....  Blush! 

Been Scrolling for many years.  During this time except for starting out using CARBON PAPER and

tracing the pattern.  Anyone remember doing this?   Then came the different types of GLUES.

Then Painters Tape.  Has been the rule for lots of years.  Costly stuff also.  Well a friend of mine

on Steve Goods site kind of lead me on.  Experiment with the first one, but worked PERFECTLY,

so proceeded with the others.  Was stacking 4 up and using 1/8 BB.  FD blade #1.  Best ever.

Well as you can see by using some mineral spirits in a spray bottle and giving a couple sprays

and waiting MAYBE ONE MINUTE the pattern lifted off like it WAS NEVER GLUED.  Yea!  Well

decided to decorate a cabinet door.  Hey any and all comments are WELCOME....  Danny  :+}

post-4763-0-62745700-1373145526_thumb.jpg

are you saying that you spray the printed pattern on the face ( printed side ) and then press it onto the wood and after waiting about 1 minute when you lift off the pattern the printed pattern remains on the wood?  does the pattern have to be printed on a laser printer. I have seen articles similar to this and they all said you can not use an ink jet printer to do this. what about that?  

Yes I remember those tricks in the beginning Danny.I use mineral spirits to but not the water based one.it makes a terrible mess and you'll never get it all off .Your caracters look great and delicate cutting skills were needed to do them i'm sure .thanks for posting pictures ,everybody likes still movies,lol

Sorry for mis leading you..............SPRAY THE....BACK....OF THE PATTER WITH GLUE.  Attach to wood blank.  Cut everything

out.  When complete just spray minerial spirits onto the pattern.  In Less that a minute the pattern will lift off IN ONE PIECE.

Clean up of the left over glue is a breeze with another squirt of the spirits and just wipe it off.  Piece of Cake....  Danny  :+}

Yepper....  Good ole Heat Gun (got mine at HF) works GOOD.  As long as you don't hold it on the same area to long as it

will make brown burn marks.  Did this many moons ago.  Still like the SPRAY Spirits.  Lets go make some Saw-Dust....  :+}

What glue are you using?  The couple times I tried doing the 3M #77 to the pattern, then to the wood, I had to soak it in mineral spirits to get it off, then it seemed like it took days for the spirits to evaporate all the way prior to finishing.  Maybe I used too much glue, or didn't let it tack up long enough...