on display

gator

i read a lot and have been a regular at our Dayton town library. well before i got my printer used there's a lot to print my patterns, well they got curious so I brought a few pieces and made them one for the shelf. they ask me to display some stuff for awhile so i did. here the display cabinet. I am so proud to be asked to show my stuff.

post-2257-0-39760900-1373574884_thumb.jpg

Edited by gator

A true honour, Gator...enjoy. I'm just starting to find that local people are blown away by my work (mainly by accident really-I don't tend to show my work). If people see your work in that way, you should be proud of yourself. Relish the warm glow....then get back to the saw, and make some more. Well done, friend.

It's a great feeling to be asked to display your work like that. When you do a craft fair, you are showing off your work to prospective customers and the good comments are nice to hear, but it's a totally different feeling when you get asked to display your work, that means someone has seen it and likes it enough to want to put it on display. there is no better feeling than that (apart from the one you get from knowing your wife/girlfriend totally loves you - if I didn't add that she would kill me lol)

Congratulations on one very fine display.

Keefie.

Edited by keefie

funny i went in yesterday to take this picture and was stopped by a guy and got a personal invitation to come tomorrow (friday) to join and talk about scrolling to local carving group that meets there. i have been wanting to go to the group but my wife is off on fridays so we use that day as our date day (30 years of marriage) we go to doctors take care of out of town shopping in the big city (houston to get wood) and such then usually movie and dinner date. thanks for all the kind comments, i am hoping to find a local guy that gets the bug like i did years ago so i have a local fellow scroller