Long Ribbon Box

DWSUDEKUM

This box has been cut from Pine.  The ribbon is Red Cedar and Pine.  It’s dimensions are 11 in. long x 4 in. wide x 2 ¼  inches deep.  The box was sealed with tung oil then top coated with semi -gloss lacquer.  The insides were flocked with wine colored flocking.

Side View
ribbon_box_long_003~0.JPG
End View
ribbon_box_long_006~0.JPG
Inside View
rbl.jpg

DW

ChelC

Beautiful box, what are your plans for it??

The box is an easy concept and to build.  You will need to cut an outer wall and an inner wall and then a top and bottom.  That is the box in a nutshell.  The bow is an easy draw and the flat ribbon are just slices from the wood you cut the bow from.  Careful fitting of the pieces will get you a great looking ribbono box.

DW

DW, looks beautiful, I have always been a fan of your woodworking and the photography:-) could you please share as to how you get such stunning pictures . Thanks

Mahendra  I have a sheet of cardboard ( 2 feet x 3 feet ) that I glued green felt to.  This gives a solid neutral background.  Then it is just a matter of having enough light.  In my case I have one directly above, one 6 or so feet to the left and right and one about 10 feet in front.  The trick is to try to eliminate shadows if possible.  Having a good camera is important as well.  I am using an older Nikon D70S with a 28 - 200mm lens.  The camera is only 6mp but takes great pictures. Those are my secrets to taking a good picture of my work.  Hope that helps.

DW