Kids Scrolling

MrsN

The other day my son and his friend were running around the house looking for things to do. I was trying to straighten up my shop a bit and they followed me into my work shop. They were both instantly attracted to my bright orange Hegnar. When I said "do you boys want to cut something" they both instantly said yes. 

They cut mostly straight-ish lines but after a few minuets they were getting pretty good. 

My favorite comment speaks to both the awesomeness of my ex-21 and the mindset of today's youth. "can't you turn the sound off of this one like you did on that one?"

post-1379-0-07584400-1374109949_thumb.jpg

My grandson started to have a go about 2 years ago but then he decided he didn't want to do it any more but this school holiday he asked if he could have another go.  He seems more interested this time but I will not push him.  His sister also wants to have a go so next school holiday looks as if its going to be busy in the garage.

Marg

the door is open now,you've got their interest and boys love to say i can do that! Bad thing is because their mind is open and not clutterd with bills,work etc so100% of what their doing is locked and loaded in their head now.nothing hindering them and they'll pass you up quickly.I showed my sisters boy of 12 everything i know on the piano and he played it back better than me ,and he never played a piano.Just wait and see they will be wowing you shortly. :)

That's really cool.  IMO, scrolling is a great (and safe) way to introduce kids to woodworking.

BTW, I'm jealous of your Excalibur...I REALLY want that anniversary edition.  I think the colors look awesome with the gold trim.  Much better than that ugly green.  I bet it cuts like a dream, too.  Too bad I'm too broke.   :lol:  :?