Few things that I have cut

multitom

Some things I have cut recently for my friends .

The wood in the best wishes plate is from the crates in which our very famous Alphonso mangoes are packed and it is Mango wood. Since I don't have a planer or the surface planing router bit or a jig ,I sort of free handed with a flute bit and hand sanded it. Applied stain and (luckily we get :) ) lacquer spray. Base stand is made up of scrap piece of Pine.The butterfly pattern is by Steve Good.

Sorry , for the picture quality.

All comments are welcome.

post-6014-0-06793100-1374672759_thumb.jpg

post-6014-0-71979400-1374672775_thumb.jpg

post-6014-0-16764200-1374672794_thumb.jpg

Some things I have cut recently for my friends .

The wood in the best wishes plate is from the crates in which our very famous Alphonso mangoes are packed and it is Mango wood. Since I don't have a planer or the surface planing router bit or a jig ,I sort of free handed with a flute bit and hand sanded it. Applied stain and (luckily we get :) ) lacquer spray. Base stand is made up of scrap piece of Pine.The butterfly pattern is by Steve Good.

Sorry , for the picture quality.

All comments are welcome.

Hey Mahendra.

I love our baby Lord Krishna. Something I will get round to cutting very soon, I'm sure.

Well done.

Nick

Don, thanks:-) ,next season one crate of the best Alphonso mangoes ,I shall sent for you,provided it is not stopped by the boder and customs guys ,or the health dept. ( not sure which takes care of what fruits can come in).

Mahendra, don't worry about the Mangoes for me, but can you just send me some crates instead, love the look of that Mango wood.

Keefie.

Mahendra, don't worry about the Mangoes for me, but can you just send me some crates instead, love the look of that Mango wood.

Keefie.

Keith , absolutely no problems :)  I have a better idea , in the UK any Indian owned grocery or supermarket will have these mango crates at the back of their storage area( all things to be recycled section ). Seriously , I am thinking of making a router ski jig ,so that I can do the surface planing with the bit that I have. Wood has beautiful grain. The size is 2.5  to 4 inches width, length 12,inches and the thickness about 1/2 an inch.

Thanks Keith

Mahendra