Advice on finishing projects

Clozy

Good morning all, hope your day/night is going well,

I need a bit of advice on finishing off projects, I have been finish coating my projects by hand which is a real pain in the neck, and was wondering, as to what route I should go in getting a spray system, I don't have loads of space in my work shop, I was thinking of getting either a airless spray gun or an air brush, can anyone pass on a bit of their expertise as to my request.

Thanking you

Les.

for my intarsia I use a brush on mixture of poly, tung oil, and mineral spirits. For other projects I often use spray can of clear. I like the  rustoleum 2X from home depot or walmart. It covers well and 1 coat of it is really like 2 coats of others. I do have a cheap air sprayer from harbor freight I use as well for certain things, where I will spray my mixture.

I use water based clear poly and spray with a spray gun. No fumes, dries fast,easy cleanup, available at lowes and home depot. Only downside is that it will raise the grain slightly.I use it on everything i do.

sully

Sully what do you use to clean the equipment up afterwards if your using a gun??

Roly

Roly thats the best part about the water based, I rinse the can out with water then fill it half full again with water and spray at 90 psi for a few seconds. do this say 3 times and yer done. It's non toxic so ya can just throw the water out or down the drain

sully

Edited by sullyscroller