Dust Collection

Doug

post-2247-0-35712700-1424874012_thumb.jpg

I put my shop vac to use picking up the sawdust from the top side of my scroll saw.  Worked like a charm but that killed the shop vac. I bought two others and it killed them both.  Shop vacs do not like the extended use I guess.  I now have a $12 hair dryer blowing across the saw and it works well to clear the sawdust off of the wood .

jIM.i DO NOTKNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU,I hAVE BEEN USING,a 16 gal shop vac w/ a 7 gal. DIY fein style separator to two '' PVC  STRAIGHT PIPE thru the wall to an ebow to my chip trap to a 1'' y To 2 std vac cleaner hose salvaged one goes to upper arm assembly one to under table manifold for 3yrs now ,I think the key to it's sucess is the dry wall bag in the vac itself ,keeping dust from getting to the bearings and brushes in the motor some days it runs for 4-5 hours a day since I also have it piped to my dremel cutting and sanding cabinet and also my drill press .plus it is out side in the shade open but protected from the weather winter and summer on my porch . I could die tomorrow ,if so I will just replace w/ another one w/ a new bag ! I am that satisfied with the results ! I have no dust and no issues ,if I have a video camera  ,I would tape and show ,to this point you only have my word !

Edited by Multifasited

• 2 weeks later...

Without trying to be a know it all or a Smart Ass ,my question is ,When you can stop the dust at it's source and contain it w/o masks and resparators ,to cure your breathing the stuff and then having to vac yourself off and clean the room why not cure the complete process in one fell swoop cheaper and easier then the alternatives ,but to each his own !