Fretwork Questions

MrsN

I am the Vice President of a local scrolling club. The club has asked me and another guy to do a presentation on fretwork. I got nominated to do the presentation not because I am an expert, but because I like to talk and have done it before. 

So I have a question for you. If you were going to hear a talk on Fretwork, what big questions would you hope got answered?

I hope that you guys can give me some idea of what I should cover in my presentation!

:) you got me on this one! Possibly  choice and types of blades including spirals of blades ,blade care do's and don'ts with blades  and all the things that you can say about blades, don't touch the ends of them .Enlarging patterns, finding patterns ,adhering patterns ,removing patterns ,backing up with scrap wood before drilling, correct teeth per thickness of wood ,blades , removing patterns .going only as close to another cut out on the pattern as you skills are capable of, doing the most critical spots first so if you mess up starting over won't be a great loss , machine speed ,pushing and pulling speeds ,proper lighting ,foot control, machine angle for best viewing of cutting process , color of patterns  for ease of seeing where the blade is (Lt. gray.)fate of inhaling dust,  dust collection ,sitting or standing scrolling, that's  a start ! but you knew all this to talk about anyway . This sounds like a fun thing to talk about as with your experience no question goes un answered! :)

:) you got me on this one! Possibly  choice and types of blades including spirals of blades ,blade care do's and don'ts with blades  and all the things that you can say about blades, don't touch the ends of them .Enlarging patterns, finding patterns ,adhering patterns ,removing patterns ,backing up with scrap wood before drilling, correct teeth per thickness of wood ,blades , removing patterns .going only as close to another cut out on the pattern as you skills are capable of, doing the most critical spots first so if you mess up starting over won't be a great loss , machine speed ,pushing and pulling speeds ,proper lighting ,foot control, machine angle for best viewing of cutting process , color of patterns  for ease of seeing where the blade is (Lt. gray.)fate of inhaling dust,  dust collection ,sitting or standing scrolling, that's  a start ! but you knew all this to talk about anyway . This sounds like a fun thing to talk about as with your experience no question goes un answered! :)

Think that just about covers everything! lol

Edited by scrimper

Hi Katie:

What type of wood should/do I use?

How do I attach the pattern?

Blade choice

Where to start cutting the pattern - start towards the middle and work your way out or vice versa

Buy what fits your budget and you will do fine

Too much information will bore them to death - 

Stick to the basics for this one  - KISS rule should apply to this presentation

Good luck

Fab4