Hello from Indiana

Rachael Werner

Welcome to The Village. Since you are a sewer, you will probably find scrolling to be a lot like it. Be sure you don't use blades from the big box stores because they really do not sell the ones you need. If you are not sure about where to find the saw blades you need, just ask here. if you are going to be cutting thin ornaments, you will find that stack cutting will not only be quicker and more productive, but also a lot easier to cut them. Again, any questions, just ask. Don't be afraid to try stack cutting. come back here often and get to know the people here and how to get around this web sight. Be sure and check out the tutorials and the Village University. It is also free and has a lot of information for everyone. Hope to see you here often

Dick

heppnerguy

Welcome to The Village. Since you are a sewer, you will probably find scrolling to be a lot like it. Be sure you don't use blades from the big box stores because they really do not sell the ones you need. If you are not sure about where to find the saw blades you need, just ask here. if you are going to be cutting thin ornaments, you will find that stack cutting will not only be quicker and more productive, but also a lot easier to cut them. Again, any questions, just ask. Don't be afraid to try stack cutting. come back here often and get to know the people here and how to get around this web sight. Be sure and check out the tutorials and the Village University. It is also free and has a lot of information for everyone. Hope to see you here often

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Dick,

Thank you for your response, I do feel most welcome here.  Since you brought it up, where or what brand of blades do you recommend?  I just bought some blades from Home Depot yesterday and the only brand they had were Ryobi.  I bought the multipack with 3 sizes, but didn't have time to try them out last nite.  I appreciate your suggestion on stack cutting as well, I want to make things to sell, so anything to speed up some production is worth it.  I seen where you can masking tape the wood together or also use double sided tape around the outside scrap edges I presume.  Whats your favorite technique? Thanks for all the tips so far! Have a great day! :cool:

Hi Dick,

Thank you for your response, I do feel most welcome here.  Since you brought it up, where or what brand of blades do you recommend?  I just bought some blades from Home Depot yesterday and the only brand they had were Ryobi.  I bought the multipack with 3 sizes, but didn't have time to try them out last nite.  I appreciate your suggestion on stack cutting as well, I want to make things to sell, so anything to speed up some production is worth it.  I seen where you can masking tape the wood together or also use double sided tape around the outside scrap edges I presume.  Whats your favorite technique? Thanks for all the tips so far! Have a great day! :cool:

Hi Dick,

Ok, now I have another question..Im looking for the Village University your talking about.  Is that on this site and where is it, I cannot find it, Thanks much

• 2 weeks later...

Rachael, welcome to the family .

Blades you need to talk with Mike at 

http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

Flying Duchman is all I use and you can order them cheaper than what you get at home depot

happy scrolling

David

The flying dutchman ultra reverse are the best to use.Mike has great prices and service.

sully