More Christmas Stuff

DonR

Made a few more ornaments yesterday, then my saw broke so it will have to go in for service (still under warranty).

The sleighs and reindeer are from Docuptons pattern and the 2013 ornament is one of mine.

The sleighs are cut from 1/8 inch BB, the reindeer are poplar scraps finished with Danish oil and the ornaments are 1/4 inch red oak.

Don R

post-2170-0-20361300-1381692336_thumb.jpg

post-2170-0-29778200-1381692348_thumb.jpg

Nice job. I like the whole idea. hope you get your saw fixed rapidly. what a bummer time for that to happen. What kind of saw do you have?

Heppnerguy, It is Delta 40-690 which is about a year or so old and I really like it except for this little habit that it seems to be developing. A few months ago, it began to make nasty noises and vibrating, the service guy said that all of the nuts, bolts and screws on the inside of the saw had loosened so he tightened everything up and used Loctite on all of them. It was fine for a few months then yesterday it started all over again, same noises and vibration. Delta did cover it under warranty and there is an authorized service center not too far away from me but it is a little annoying. I think I will start thinking about an Excalibur or Hawk and use this one as backup.

Don R

Heppnerguy, It is Delta 40-690 which is about a year or so old and I really like it except for this little habit that it seems to be developing. A few months ago, it began to make nasty noises and vibrating, the service guy said that all of the nuts, bolts and screws on the inside of the saw had loosened so he tightened everything up and used Loctite on all of them. It was fine for a few months then yesterday it started all over again, same noises and vibration. Delta did cover it under warranty and there is an authorized service center not too far away from me but it is a little annoying. I think I will start thinking about an Excalibur or Hawk and use this one as backup.

Don R

I see that the 16 inch Excalibur is on special for  $574.99 reg $749.  you can find a dealer at  www.general.ca . I don't kknow anything about this saw but I am going to ask someone here to give me a run down. Lots of knowledge to pick from here on SSV

I see that the 16 inch Excalibur is on special for  $574.99 reg $749.  you can find a dealer at  www.general.ca . I don't kknow anything about this saw but I am going to ask someone here to give me a run down. Lots of knowledge to pick from here on SSV

I think that the 21 inch is a better value since the stand and switch are included. I am hesitating because it is still a Taiwanese import.

Don R