New Support Group

keefie

Some Irish friends of mine are setting up a new non profit support group based in Chicago, the emblem they are going to use for their group is the Claddagh Ring. I will donate a plaque to them with their emblem on it. I cant give credit for the main part of the pattern as there is no name on the pattern, but I modified it slightly and added the words. Hope you like it.

Keith.

post-2867-0-62021800-1382176379_thumb.jpg

Keith, that is a very nice thing for you to do. It sounds like you will need to mail that quite aways from your home. I like donating things to non profit groups to. they always appreciate it when you go out of your way for them.  You did a splendid job with it and they will most likely hang that with pride where ever it can be seen easily, Everyone with a craft talent should be on the constant lookout for groups they can contribute something to. I remember one time when I ws invited to join a sale where the firemen of the community were raising money for toys for tots. I decided to donate a nice piece of intarsia so they could raffle it off and make a few extra bucks. They told me no one had ever done that before and were very grateful to accept my offer. The really good thing is that is was contagious and several other craftsan stepped up and donated a piece of their work for the raffle, also. The best part was that it was contagious. 

• 2 weeks later...