Hi from Central Texas

jdrdiamond

Hi! I am from Central Texas. My name is Jon, I've been scrolling off/on for sevarl years now. I have been trying to make my own patterns for the past year now having trouble with inkscape. I can not figure out how to save my ornament or cross  pattern that I created to use for a later time when I want to change a name or image using the union tool. How can I do this? Thanks Jon

cross.svg

:) Welcome JON,you hit gold when you found the village here.plenty of free patterning instructions and help with this problem your having.Don't worry help will be here shortly.many knowledgeable pattern makers here and have been there done that and can walk you through the problem quick as you can say jack Robertson.Best thing you ever did was find us.welcome aboard. :)

Jon,

If i understand your question correctly there are several ways to save our work in Inkscape.  you can go to the 'file' tab on the upper right side of the Inkscape page and click on it and scroll down to the 'save' or the 'save as' tab adn click on it. Be sure to look where it is being sved to. Mine goes to 'my pictures' on my  computer. you can also select 'export bitmap' then put in the ane you desire it to have and it will save as a .ping file which can be used with other programs as well as Inkscape.

I think I got this straight, If not I am sure you will get a better answer to your question   just come back often and check out your post to see. If this still leaves you with a problem, then just post that you still can't get the results you are looking for and you will get an answer..

Also in the forum tab at the top of The Scroll Saw Village home page, you will can scroll down the sub labels and find the University and you will find several great tutorials on Inkscape that is worth your time to few whenever you are stymied y something to do with Inkscape.  Go take a look

Dick

heppnerguy