Pirate Anne Bonnie

TXScrollsawartist

Just cut a special piece for this weekend. The pirate Anne Bonny. The design is by Sue Mey (purchased from Wooden Teddy Bear) and is based on a wood cut print from a 1724 book about pirates. It was stack cut from 11x14 1/8th inch Baltic Birch ply. Cut with FD UR #3 blades. It will be matted and framed in a solid oak frame.

post-19436-0-10187500-1383185989_thumb.jpg

MICHAEL I'VE GOT TO TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE WAY YOU HANDLE THAT FD-UR #3BLADE IS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.YOUR TURN A ROUNDS ARE BURN PROOF,YOU COME IN TO A DEAD END AND RETURN WITH OUT A SCRATCH.TOUGH JUST TO TELL WHERE YOU START AND STOP.PIRATES TOUCH A WEAK SPOT IN ME .TO TELL THE TRUTH I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A FEMALE PIRATE BUT THERE SHE IS! I'M ANTISAPATING TRYING THOSES INFAMOUS ULTRA  REVERSE BLADES.GREAT GREAT JOB!

Thanks Marg! I am a vendor at the Texas Renaissance Festival which is an 8 weekend event. The theme for this weekend is Pirate. There will be hordes of pirate-want-to-be patrons in full costume visiting the festival. I have been a vendor there for 7 years and while I have well over 100 framed pieces of scroll art on my walls, I have lots of regulars who come by to see what is new each weekend. Since this is a Renaissance festival I have Celtic crosses, Celtic designs, fairies, fantasy animals, wolves, and lots of other themes. And I will have four new pirate designs for this weekend. I will probably sell 20 to 25 pieces of framed art this weekend. When I do the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in March all of my art will be Western and animal themed.

:woot:  Now I get your method of madness :woot:  ,look for :popcorn:  shows :popcorn:  that are theme oriented, :thumbs: how could you lose :thumbs: !!! :idea: You've got the right idea :idea:  ,load up as much as you can .when there's plenty to look at there's always something they can't live with out.You are an :!: inspiration :!:  to me .I need to      wake up :rofl: and smell the coffee and get scrollin.Thanks for the info.