DeWalt 788 Question

oldhudson

Can the DeWalt 788 be mounted to a woodworking bench or does it require that stand they sell? And does anyone know what it weights? 

I use a scroll saw (Delta) on and off. When not in use I store it in a crawl space. If I have a project I pull it out and mount it to my bench for the duration. Actually I'm pretty happy with mine but I thought if I found a used one - hummm. But I need a set of tires before the snow flies so maybe this spring....

Thankyou.

mine just sits on my bench. I don't even have it mounted and I can move it any time I wish, to clean under it or make myself more room...I love my saw and I think you will find the more you use yours the more you will like it too.  Hint. .keep a piece of 2X4 about 10 inches long, next to your saw and when you are changing your blade from one hole to the next, just place the board on edge between your table and the upper arm and wahloo, both hands are free to make the changes..

I read about that once and the conclusion about tightening that screw is it tightens the bearing and causes excessive binding and it will need to be replaced as a result. So I opted to use the free piece of 2x4 which works really well and is not a problem. It is NOT recomended to tighten that screw. I know it does the job, but I am going to stick with my 2X4. thanks for the tip though

Dick

heppnerguy