Click N Lock

wombatie

No it's a remote control to lock yer saw to prevent unauthorized use . :lol:  :razz:  :shock:  :oops:  :)  :D

sully

I converted my car's remote to use on my scroll saw. I value my saw more than my car. :lol:  :lol:  

Marg, here's a tutorial on how to install it.http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/how-to-install-click-lock-wood-flooring/index.html  :o  :lol:

Hahaha very funny guys. :) :) :)   Its an attachment for the DeWalt to lift the arm and keep it there.  It is easy to install and easy to use.  Go over to the Big Foot Products web site and there have a video showing how to install and how it works.  The reason I went with Big Foot was because I liked their postage rates. ;)

Marg

• 1 year later...

Who to believe... ??????????????? Marg of course

Sue77 just popped right in there.

I saved myself the forty dollars and made my own lifter...

Be nice if you kinda gave a hint on how you accomplished this. 

Oh, and welcome.... stick around , post some more.

Sue77, I did the same thing but there was just someone here who mentioned that using this knob will over torque the screw and eventually strip out the threads. So, since reading that I have backed way off of how tight I tighten the knob. I also am looking to buy a tube of anti-seize to lubricate the threads.

Ray

I saved myself the forty dollars and made my own lifter...

I did the same thing.  Actually I did it after I tried to install the lifter I bought from Big Foot.  Unfortunately, my install didn't go as planned.  While giving one of the bolts a tiny bit of persuasion The arm and one of the white washers went into pieces.  I took a piece of 1/4 MDF, traced the shape of the arm and then cut it.  Works great.  Too bad it cost me $40 to use something I made myself - out of a scrap piece of wood no less.

I too would caution anyone about using this Steve Good device. A cleaver idea but just not a good one. Some things are better forgotten and I this is one of them. the other is I have also    seen where you can just tighten the back screws on the DeWalt and it will hold the saw arm up too.  down side it is the added stress on the bearings that you will regret when it is time to replace something on your saw that otherwise would not need to be replaced. So Sue77, if I were you, and I am not, I would not use the added blade tightener but instead, sand each blade on the ends before you put it into your saw and this will do two things, get the oil off the blade ends and rough it up just a little so that it grips easier. UPSIDE; nothing to harm your saw in any way.   

Dick

heppnerguy

I too do not recommend using Steve Good device, It looks good but it is too easy to put too much pressure on the holding  screw. I use anti sieze . I put it on my saw once every year unless it gets hard to tighten the blade.I found anti sieze in the machine shop in the 70's Kennametal use to send a tube with some inserts.

I was thinking about u ordering click and lock advertised here but held off the $40 That buys a lot of wood. I saw the click and lock and made one o;ut of  MDf which cost $2.75 for bolts and nuts. It works fine and if it wears out I will make another one in about 1/2 hour.