My first craft show this year

LarryEA

Saturday 11/16 I'll be at the Endwell Fire Department's (Endwell, NY- USA)

Craft Show. It is held from 10 am until 03:00 pm and it only cost $15 for a spot with a table.

I asked did they have any other crafters that did scroll work.

The lady said I was the only one and then asked, " what is scroll work?"

I don't know if that is good or not.. but I think it is.

I've only 'shown' in two craft shows ever, both last year. First one was at a school, second one was at a town park. Now this one is at a fire department.

Oh, and they hold this one twice a year (Spring and Fall).

I'm late at doing things.

Schools hold "Fall  or Holiday festivals" for fund raisers but I tried to get in too late for most of them. I did make one on Dec 7th. Gee mo... the cost for this one is $35 and they ask for a raffle donation.

So I may get to four craft shows this year...

I enjoy showing my scroll work..

I'll take pictures

Larry

Great day in the sun larry, Hope you do real good with the shows.It may take time for word to get around but the shows I've looked at have nothing to compare too in scrollwork.Your time will be rewarded .Think positive always .What us scrollers do is just getting around with cnc machines but they are way over pricing their work( not that it's not worth it) but and ours is just as good or equal ,no less. I've had a guy look at my stuff and ask what cnc machine I have. You should have seen the smile he put on my face .When I told him I scroll it. He said he's done years of work for someone as a cnc operator and he can't tell the difference between my work and his.keep the faith my friend. :) 

Good luck , Larry. I will be anxious to see any photos that you post from the show. i did a craft show a couple of years ago and I  did not like it. My fun scrolling, suddenly became a challenge to get things ready for the show. I was not scrolling at the time. I was only doing intarsia. I got tons of nice compliments on my work but no buyers until the end of the show. As I was wrapping things up, someone came up to me and purchased my most expensive piece, which was a cougar that I sold for $75. I followed that with a craft show in a neighboring town where I sold nothing. It wasn't so much the lack of sales that turned me off, but rather the idea that I was, for the first time, feeling pressured to do what i otherwise 'loved' doing. I never wanted to feel that about my hobby again. I do sell a fair amount of things but people come to me and ask me to make something for them. I had a rather rewarding year this year and never had to feel pressure for making something just because I had to.

That is just my story and I know many people find a lot of pleasure in selling their wares at the craft shows. I wish you the best of luck with this one and I will be excited to hear how you did,

Dick

heppnerguy

Here's my take on my scrolling and shows. First and most important to me is I only cut what I like and don't do any "custom " work. No presure on me to meet customer expectations. If they don't like my stuff they don't have to buy it. Also being as my ability to scroll is sent from the Lord and inspired from the Lord i have the added joy of being able to talk to people about the Lord thru my scrolling. Those that know me well know that I love to chat it up ,so talking to customers is right up my alley LOL. It does get old sometimes not selling anything but we have a number of products to sell so most of the time we do at least ok. Everyone just needs to find their niche at shows. I will say i have never been put down by a customer directly about my scrollin but it's insulting when they want you to sell it to them for nuttin !!! Hey just my 2 cents worth

sully