4x6 Ribbon Box

DWSUDEKUM

DW your boxes look beautiful I'll have to have a go at them, did you cut them on a bandsaw because I can't see any joints.?

Roly

Roly

No I cut this one from a section of 2 x 10 ( 5.08cm x 25.40cm ). Essentially what I did was cut two rectangles with a wall thickness of about 5/16 in or 0.79375cm.  So what I ended up with was a pair of rectangles one 4in x 6in and the other one smaller by the thickness of the wall and the kerf.  Then all I needed to do was glue a top on to the bigger rectangle  and a bottom on the other and I had a box.  This is in my opinion one of the simplest boxes to make but allows for a lot of creativity when making the box.  I cut it totally on my scroll saw.

DW 

Roly

No I cut this one from a section of 2 x 10 ( 5.08cm x 25.40cm ). Essentially what I did was cut two rectangles with a wall thickness of about 5/16 in or 0.79375cm.  So what I ended up with was a pair of rectangles one 4in x 6in and the other one smaller by the thickness of the wall and the kerf.  Then all I needed to do was glue a top on to the bigger rectangle  and a bottom on the other and I had a box.  This is in my opinion one of the simplest boxes to make but allows for a lot of creativity when making the box.  I cut it totally on my scroll saw.

DW 

Thanks Dan for the info I will have a go at that and then post it, great idea.

Roly