Tension adjust for the DW788

browders

On my dw788 I use it a lot .I notice the tention numbers getting higher and higher .To find out whats happening I hold down on the top arm with no blade in it and lift up and down on the bottom arm.ends up these slop in the main bearing in the bottom assemble I can't get out to change .SO I lubed everything uop with valvline synthetic grease and I 'm in good shape now for months.deon't know what machine you have but .I have a dremil too that I have to cut a 1/2'' off the blade so I can adjust the tention ,That's wore out.this one needs the top arm assemblyand the connecting piece in the back of the machine.hope this helps a little .what machine do you have?

You could be getting some blade slip in the blade holder too..  If the blade is slipping, you wont' get full tightness.  Tighten up a blade, and tension it.  then release the tension. You should not have more play in the blade then when you first tightened it really.  If you do, then the blade clamps are not holding as good anymore.  Easy fix is to back them out, and hit them with a few passes of 150 grit sandpaper.  It will scuff up the face and they will hold again.  I have to do it about once a year.