I feel Like I have A New Saw!

smitty0312

I seen the topic of blade tension, I also was seeing my blade tension getting worse, so I decided to take out all the blade tensioning screws (top & bottom).....roughed up the ends of all 4 screws on some sand paper, re-installed all 4, the short ones need some thread lock on the threads to keep them from moving back out when in use.......and WOW!! What a difference!! BTW...I have a DW 788. I have cut over 300 projects this year and have never messed with the bottom 2 screws. I hope it lasts a while....time will tell... Try this....it will help. Smitty

Edited by smitty0312

Oh how I love the the tips and tricks you learn daily here in the village .I am thrill to hear about the dw788 tips especially as I too own one.I keep looking for a back up 788 as they are the best I ever had.working on one is tedious but can be done .Everything needs to be in just the right spot for it to go back to gether,not for the faint of heart mechanic.Well made but could have been stronger bearing wise and a little loc tight from the factory would save down time for us to.A better grade of aluminum would be a plus factor too. the cheap stuff stripps to easy when tighting screws that are tiny.love mine though purrs like a kitten !