QUESTION about National Geographic Magizines....:+}

danny

HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE HERE THAT KNOWS LOTS ABOUT THIS MAG.  Years ago my Father In Law lived with us and sibscribed to it.  He's been gone a long time now.  I ran across a full box of National Geographic Mags.  dating from

1981 thru 1989......They are all in Mint Condition.  Any offers of advice or help would be Appreaciated. 

Thanks in Advance....  Danny  :+}

post-4763-0-28292500-1388165532_thumb.jpg

If you are asking if there would be any monetary value, I would say not much. You could take them to a half-price bookstore and they would give you a little something for them, otherwise most schools appreciate magazine donations for collage work etc. I personally have subscribed in the past but mostly read it at the library now. They have some fascinating articles.  

The first issues were to a select lot  and were as big as the saterday evening post back then .i hacve seen the first issues at my friends grandma's house i vermont.I'd say a foot wide by 18" tall monsters.now those are worth bucks.either late 1800's or early 1900's i don't remember the dates.NG's are great reading like readers digest to anyone. :)

Matt and Kevin are right. Not of any value.

I took issues from 1965 - 1970's to a flea market and could not give them away.

Salvation Army, Goodwill, used book stores wered not interested, even for free.

Try Craigs List with a " Best Offer " tag. Maybe someone will offer to take them off your hands.

Larry

they often have a lot of interesting reading in them as they travel the world and write really good stories about many things. If you are interested in reading them you have found a gold mine for youirself, If not   Oh, well  you can box it back up and hide them in the attic for someone else to rediscover and wonder about them as you did

Dick

heppnerguy

Hey Friends....  Want to Thank All for your Input into this subject.  I Enjoyed some Humor in some posts and DICK your thoughts really sound

like a Good One.  Think about packing them up and hiding them and say my GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT GrandChildern run across them

and I would love to be a fly on their wall and see and hear their feelings and expressions.  LOL 

I have thoughts about using the Pictures for JIGSAW puzzles.  NG has always prided itself with Quality Photagraphy.    Oh well guess I shall just continue making sawdust and trying to get rich selling them.  LOL   Thanks again guys..................................Danny  :+}