cutting portraits with spiral blades

scroller111

Some swear by , more it seems swear at spirals .I have close kin that HATE and refuse to eat tomatoes ,BUT they eat ketchup at every meal ,by the bottle full.

I don't understand it ,but ,that's just the way it is ,I not selling anything ,only trying to help those who want it ,and not change or make light of  anybodies personal firm beliefs .

Sorry if I p.o.ed any body ! Life's too short !

Yep I'll eat tomatoes but won't have tomato sauce funny that. :lol:  I hate spirals they hurt my brain. :shock:

Roly

Scroller, I use spiral blades most of the time. The only thing I can suggest is, use a very small spiral, like the Flying Dutchman New Spiral 2/0 or even better, the 3/0. They give you the least amout of fuzz on the back side & depending on the wood, they do cut clean for me. Like hard woods or some plys. too.  I personally find it difficult to cut portrait & fret work with anything else. It does take practice, but, scrolling anything takes practice. I learned to use the spirals in a short time & really like using them. Hope you can find the right method for your future scrolling. Good Luck

I do not dislike spirals, I just like the flat blades.

I'll keep dancing with what brung me here.

When I find it necessary to use a spiral I will.

I categorize the spiral users as the serious minded group.

Spiral users are more focused while flat bladers are more relaxed.

Just kidding you serious guys (:>))))))

Larry

Edited by LarryEA