metalli445

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I signed up to this forum about 10 minutes ago. My name is Pat and I'm 32 years old. I recently purchased a Dewalt DW788 scrollsaw with a stand. Since then I've been playing around and cut out a few symbols. I have quite a few pine pallets that I dissambled, removed the nails, ran through a thickness planer, cleaned the edges up and plan on glueing up to later cut out some designs. Two days ago I downloaded Inkscape and I'm trying to learn that application so I can make some patterns to cut out at a later date. Right now it's really cold outside and I don't have a heater in the garage so I've been inside looking for scrollsaw forums\sites to learn off of. Is anyone else from Maryland? I recently purchased a chainsaw mill so I'm looking forward to having a good amount of wood to work with.

Pat

Welcome to the forum Pat, you've come to the right place. Sounds like you're doing all the right things to have a rewarding experience in the world of scrolling. I'm Jim from Northwestern Montana. My shop is only heated by wood so winter time can be a little challenging. Hope to hear from you often.

Jim

Hey Pat, looks like you are a 'natural' scroll saw addict. Welcome !

I'll bet all my sawdust there is a member from Maryland.

Keep us updated on how your chainsaw mill works.

Just bundle up for that cold weather. It's four degrees here in the Southern Tier of New York.

With my kerosene heater, my shop warms up to an almost comfortable 35.

And again, welcome..

Larry

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forum Pat, you've come to the right place. Sounds like you're doing all the right things to have a rewarding experience in the world of scrolling. I'm Jim from Northwestern Montana. My shop is only heated by wood so winter time can be a little challenging. Hope to hear from you often.

Jim

Jim,

I have family from the NorthWestern part of Montana. Mainly around Kalispell and the Columbia Falls Area. I go visit about once every two years. Beautiful there.

Hello Pat welcome to the village what make Chainsaw mill did you get, I played around with them a few years back, looking forward to seeing your first scroll saw piece. Good luck My name is Hans and I live in Mexico

Bendita,

I purchased the Granberg Mark III Alaskan Chainsaw Mill to use with a 36" bar. I've assembled the mill but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Pat

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Jim,

I have family from the NorthWestern part of Montana. Mainly around Kalispell and the Columbia Falls Area. I go visit about once every two years. Beautiful there.

Bendita,

I purchased the Granberg Mark III Alaskan Chainsaw Mill to use with a 36" bar. I've assembled the mill but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Pat

That name rings a bell but I don't remember what ours was, I do remember it being somewhat primitive but that's all, Oh and lots of work. Well good luck with it.

Thanks for sharing that.

.../Hans

Pat,

have you checked out the university tab yet? it has several tutorials that have to do with Inkscape. They are very well done and very helpful. I think you will like it here. you can learn, learn, learn while it is cold, cold. cold and then hit the shop and saw, saw, saw to your heats content.  hope to see you here often. We all welcome you with open arms..

Dick

heppnerguy