To All Pattern Makers

aubec

Hello to all talented pattern makers, I am sure that everyone on this site appreciates all your patterns.

I have found a forum which is posting patterns which I thought I recognised and sure enough today I have found a couple here on this site.  The other forum has deleted all pattern makers details from patterns but I know that Christina's patterns are there and also grampa's.

Not sure about just posting link to other site here but if anybody would like a link to the site please message me and I will give you the information. 

I was able to join and i got my confirmation email as well. I looked around breifly and didn't see any of my patterns. Question is this who is it ? I for one welcome another forum but only if it is done right !!! Ricks old free4all, Travis's SSV, Gayles Cafe ,Steve's site and Chris Messmans siteand, scrollsawyer are done right. I will wait a bit to see who runs this new site and what the standards are. If they don't hold up to the standards set by others i'll be the first to jump on the milkcrate and say so.

sully

I was able to join and i got my confirmation email as well. I looked around breifly and didn't see any of my patterns. Question is this who is it ? I for one welcome another forum but only if it is done right !!! Ricks old free4all, Travis's SSV, Gayles Cafe ,Steve's site and Chris Messmans siteand, scrollsawyer are done right. I will wait a bit to see who runs this new site and what the standards are. If they don't hold up to the standards set by others i'll be the first to jump on the milkcrate and say so.

sully

hey sully i seen that free4all is closed what happen to that site i was gooleing site and came across it just would like to know

thanks richard

hey sully i seen that free4all is closed what happen to that site i was gooleing site and came across it just would like to know

thanks richard

Richard , I don't know all the reasons why it closed but mainly Rick and Gina just had a lot on thier plate with the new Granbaby arriving and there was some major issues with some members. I don't know the details but knowing Rick it was a very hard choice he made to close the site. I and all his freinds miss them dearly and wish them all the best.

sully

Hi guys i have had a few messages about some patterns on my forum. If they are yours and would like them removed or your name added please message me. I had a huge lot of patterns that was from a old site that closed (Free4allscrollsaw) and was asked about uploading afew. I am sorry if it has upset you. Admin@scrollsawforum.com

I've only made one for the owner of that site.  Not sure how i feel.  Does the requester own the pattern i made for them?  In the few years i have been doing this pattern making thing, i have always gotten credit for my patterns and have never seen them anywhere as a free to the public pattern, so this has never come up.  messman warned me in the very beginning of my learning that these things can happen.  I don't think i wuold be happy to see my patterns on a site as free to the public.  In fact i know i would be very mad.

I might have considered it a compliment if the site owner would have pm'd me and explained the situation and asked for a few unique free patterns to get things started.  To late for that i believe

None of my patterns were there.  Is that an insult, or am i relieved?

Russell

The admin. has added a new post about copyright. He stated in it that he got a lot of the patterns from the old "free4all site." He stated in it that if one of the patterns posted is yours and you want your name added or want the pattern removed to contact him. I agree with Roly, it's a site to get free patterns of patterns that are free on one fourm or site and it's not a big deal unless he's selling patterns. This is how I see it, if it's your pattern handle it with him in private not on another fourm.