DOUBLE TROUBLE

amazingkevin

Howdy  scrollers ,no time to scroll as work is swamping my time.I" found a type two dewalt 788 in craigs list for 250.00.I had to drive 6o mile one way but it was none stop most of the way Very clean saw .He said he used it twice .Man is this saw tight .The blade tention numbers don't even get to 1 as it's so tight from being new.This is my trird dewalt ,the first two were type 1 and this is a type 2.post-1607-0-64989100-1391052050_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-67902700-1391052072_thumb.jpg

It looks to me like you have too many saws and not enough time. I could defiantly help you out with that! :drool: I have been eyeballing one of those yellow beauties but can’t swing a new one right now. :luv: My old 2 speed Dremel is wearing out fast with all I have been putting it thru lately. I purchased it about 20 years ago when I didn’t know if I would use a scroll saw very much. It has held up like a champ with about 1000 hours on it.( I figured I might get about 200 hours out of a cheap saw like that.)

Anyway if you need to get rid of one of those saws just let me know. I would be more then glad to help you out. Lol :D;)

Enjoy the new saw you lucky Dog you.

Edited by Wilson's Woodworking

Kevin

Do you remember Gary's post last October on the DW light?

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/7569-lamp-upgrade-on-my-dewalt-scrollsaw/

You might consider it on your new machine which has the DW lite on it.  I made the change on mine and really like the improvement.  Just a piece of PVC, some super glue, and a new bulb.

I also really like "The Lifter" in the banner at the top even though my saw is not elevated at the back.:

http://papasworkshop.net/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product&id_lang=1

Happy sawing!

Edited by Doug

Friends counrtymen and scrollers,lol i wanted to try the hegner but would have to wait to long to save the money .i'm very happy with the dw788 so i'll stick with whats been good to me.LARRY,WILSONS WOODWORKING,OLD HUDSON, ROB ROY, PHANTOM SCROLLER I CAN'T SEE YOU ,BOB SCROLL DOUG FISH AND THE INFAMOUS SPARKEY THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS..it's great to have riends like you to keep me in spirits.Best friends i ever had !!! :)

thanks marge ,richard an dan,this ones sweet tight as a drum .all three were used but this is the best of the lot.BUT i did find a problem with this one  that i havent had on the other two..and it just happens to be the bearing i cant get out .Oh well live an learn,thought i checked it real good but for the 120 mile round trip it was worth it to get it with a minor flaw.. If i could get grease in the bearing it would last a long time.I have a hypodermic syringe thats used for exact placement of axle grease .i had it 10 20 years as i knew i would need it someday..Long wait huh :)

I had tried earlier to give you a "thumbs up" on the new toy. For some reason it did not go! I have had that happen before; so I do not worry about it!

Now, congratuilations on the new saw.   But throw the excuse of a light away and go to  a spring arm lamp and just drill holes in your saw-mount plate so you can move it where-ever you need it.

I think I have mailed pics of mine. If not and you want to see some just email back--

I think I would have trouble sleeping in my shop with my tools as the saw dust would get into my cpap and I would be breathing in all that saw dust. LOL! When I'm home I do sleep in my sewing studio, but I don't inhale all those sewing needles.... I have't sewn a stitch in a while as I'm staying in Sequim to help care for our mother. Well going down to the shop in a few minutes so best get crackin' Have a great day. Oh great buy on the DeWalt.... Fay