Frog box I made

Fay Prozora

I made this box from a pattern in a scroll saw mag but I did not do it according to the instructions as I have not learned how to do the inlay as yet. I did it a little bit different and used the frog for the handle on the lid of the box and put a lining in the bottom. I'm very happy with how well the box turned out... Enjoy   Fay

post-16818-0-60429000-1391386558_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-46502200-1391386589_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-51631900-1391386618_thumb.jpg

Very nice, Fay!

Jim Finn is a member here that does lots of inlay. You can check out his posts by checking the

search engine for him. Also, there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube which you can watch.

I don't know what areas of that project were supposed to be in-layed and your project is

wonderful!

Thanks for sharing and God Bless!

Actually the inlay is supposed to be in the bottom of the box and an intarsia frog on the lid. There are a lot of tight turns in the cutting so I decided to make the frog from a different wood. The lid and bottom I stack cut those out of 1/4" thick poplar and then cut the rings out one at a time out of 3/4"  poplar. I used green acrylic paint in green. I painted the whole frog in green with 3 coats of the paint and then when it was dry, I used those little paint pens to embellish the frog legs and body and eyes and when that was dry I sprayed some shellac on the frog, about 2 coats of that and then glued it to the lid when it was dry. This box took me about 2 to 3 days to make. I have a bowl in the making now and that is interesting.  Seahawks WON!    Have a great night   Fay