A bowl I just completed.

Fay Prozora

I made this bowl from the book, Wooden Bowls by Carole Rothman and I decided to experiment a little bit. First off  I cut it out from plywood. yeppers,,, plywood!  It is an 8 lobed bowl and I played with shaping of the bowl. I took a washer and drew a half circle on around the top of the bowl and then used a Dremel to shape the scallops and then used the Guinevere to shape them and rounded the bottom of the bowl a little bit. Sorry the pictures are not great but used my cell phone to take the pictures. The plywood is a BB 3/4" ply and it didn't have them little holes in it like some of the el cheapo plys do and those would have had to be filled in. So happy with the out come of this bowl. Enjoy     Fay

post-16818-0-43787700-1391637998_thumb.jpg

Great work there is nothing wrong with plywood when you apply yourself It takes a bit more work as there are grains in different directions in each layer but with a bit of imagination and elbow grease you can make some wonderful pieces with plywood Great job keep it up and hope to see more soon