Multi purpose ,Handy organizer

Multifasited

Only used blades should be at issue ,not bad this time of yr in most states ,in summer you not only have oil concerns ,but acid laden sweat . There is always issues ,I guess that's why Murphy is so famous ,when a gotsha occurs ! The organizer is fine and works really well ,But I won't put any mechanical tools like needle nose ,or hemostats in it for fear of sand particals getting  in the the works ,so I built narrow another cady just for them !

post-22372-0-63356500-1391910515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Multifasited

Thats the problem ,Thats all the room I have ,If I don't put the back after two ,threes on the floor and I can't roll my chair ,(In my shop your right ),Here, I don't have any place else ,kind of intimidating ,after being forced to put it back afew days ,I'm finding I actually like it as long as it's EASY . I actually thinking of adding a large tub ,like a camping dish tub to my 3 benches in the shop ,It would be nice to actually have some clear area on my benches to work ,IT's easyier to see and find them sticking up , than in a pile . .Pheu !! I never thought I'd say that !! No promises ,but I really think it would help !

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Carl, I got the bucket of sand figured out and I use a lot of PVC for blade and tool holders but it is not as organized as what you have done.  Give me some more description if you are willing.  Is the one just a 2 x 4 with drilled holes or is it some other material you used.  The second one, what did you use to build it.  It looks like a standard swivel plate underneath but help with how the actual circular organizer was built or what you converted to make your organizer.  I might consider doing one or more of the three if I get to where I am willing to quit scrolling for a while in my limited time.  I think I could do either of the PVC concepts but why spend a lot of time figuring out how to do it when I can get a head start from you.  I do know the bucket of sand would not take long and in fact have used that concept on a larger scale - a five gallon bucket of sand, motor oil poured in, and then put shovels, spades, hoes, and garden tools in it.

Looking forward to more info.

Okay Carl, I got the bucket of sand figured out and I use a lot of PVC for blade and tool holders but it is not as organized as what you have done.  Give me some more description if you are willing.  Is the one just a 2 x 4 with drilled holes or is it some other material you used.  The second one, what did you use to build it.  It looks like a standard swivel plate underneath but help with how the actual circular organizer was built or what you converted to make your organizer.  I might consider doing one or more of the three if I get to where I am willing to quit scrolling for a while in my limited time.  I think I could do either of the PVC concepts but why spend a lot of time figuring out how to do it when I can get a head start from you.  I do know the bucket of sand would not take long and in fact have used that concept on a larger scale - a five gallon bucket of sand, motor oil poured in, and then put shovels, spades, hoes, and garden tools in it.

Looking forward to more info.

Doug ,I had this 90% done and bumped the escape key and lose it ,so If I am a little short you will undertstand ,The Blue blade caddy .consists of 3 -8"scrolled discs round .the thrtee discs have a center hole 1/4" --2 are stacked and perimeter drilled 1/2" in from edge to outside edge of 5/8"hole -3/8" spacing between holes all the way around .(I got 24 holes) I cut 24 pcs. of cpvc pipe 4 1/4 " w/30 degree angle  on one end ,stack all three discs at 90 degrees from each other 1' in from ring drill 4 holes for spacer bolt holes ,cut 4 pcs. cpvc 3-1/8" long (keep your two multi drilled discs taped to gether as drilled 

to avoid misallignment of holes for tubes ,mark w/ you separate so you can maintain hole pattern allignment) separate and install spacers between thetwo multihile disc w/3rd as a stop on the bottom and bolt together ,install tubes rotate tube all facing out ,add glue as needed to keep in position ,lift knob thru center hole  sit on lazy susan or on a bottom swivel pivot of your choice.

The narrow different size tube organizer is a 2"x3 12" plastic box chanel  layed out and drilled to fit different size pipes I choice to put wanted stuff in .not drill thru but glued to bottom inside of channel ,any size or mix to your use or need .

I think I cound have built them in the time it took to try and detail ,I hope you can find the time ,they work really well .

OH! after your round one is put together ,I took packing tape and circled the tubes three times then added my blade lablels and added another wrap of packing tape to protect labels ,if you ever want to redo just change stickers and recover !  Any question just holler ! 

Edited by Multifasited

Thanks Carl - I appreciate the effort and detail.  I am printing and saving to try probably when we start having some extended warm weather.  I am a garage junkie and generally do not heat the garage except on weekends - the day job generally limits cold weather work to weekends and very few evenings.