Steam Roller

scratcho

Very nice, detailed cutting.

I think most of us do stack cut the more fragile patterns to decrease the risk of small pieces breaking but,

you did an excellent job in a single 1/8" BB.

If you don't think you can really use 2 or more finished projects, you could always use a piece of cardboard

from an old cereal box or something to give you extra strength to help preserve the wood project you are cutting.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

A very nice renditiion. Anyone with "steam fever" will love it!

One of my addictions includes old steam engines!  (Used to have steam-boiler license)- stationaary; did not include traction engins of any kind! That is a special endorsement. 

A trick I do is sometimes--- totally tape the back side also with a good msking tape. It adds strength for thin cuts and removes easily.

I would have cut a template at the same time though!   When I use my templates; I tape the entire piece with clear packing tape, then use a fine permanent marker to lay out the pattern and proceed from there.  I can easily use the same tape for a stack if I am making more than one.

Very nicely done Dennis.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

It is always somewhat of a challenge to cut those very thin areas.  One trick I use is a piece of thin plexiglass with a hole in the center that is just big enough for the blade to go through.  This zero clearance sheet is held onto my table by a couple of rare earth magnets.  Worse part of using it is getting it off the table the magnets are very strong hehe.

DW