Jesus Carry the Cross (Cropped version) Cutting

Clockman

Just wanted to show you all that yes my patterns can be cut. I worked on my Jesus Carrying the Cross (Cropped version this past week). It was cut entirely with a # 1 spiral. The pattern is very stable with only a few areas that I needed to be a little careful (only a little) I printed it to fit almost all of an 11x14 piece of 1/4" Cherry ply stacked with a 1/8" piece of popular ply. Total number of cuts was approx 390. Both pieces seemed very stable while cleaning up and removing the pattern and tape etc. Here is a photo of the Cherry one. Not framed yet. Had to reduce the picture size to upload so hopefully you can see the details.

[attachment=0]jesus-cross - Copy.JPG[/attachment]

Mike

Mike,

A really great cutting. A large number of cuts at 390. I like all of the detail and will have to put this one on my cut list for the not too distant future. I have always used #2 spirals. It looks as if you gave great success with this blade. Any concerns needed in preparation of using these blades. Thanks for the pattern as well. I've taken on some challenging projects before and look forward to getting into this one.

Ron

Mike,

A really great cutting. A large number of cuts at 390. I like all of the detail and will have to put this one on my cut list for the not too distant future. I have always used #2 spirals. It looks as if you gave great success with this blade. Any concerns needed in preparation of using these blades. Thanks for the pattern as well. I've taken on some challenging projects before and look forward to getting into this one.

Ron

Ron,

I have been using FD blades New spiral and like them a lot. One of the best thing I like to do when cutting with them is to use them also as a power rasp. With good blade tension and workpiece control you can fine tune your cut and fix minor oops that happen when you loose concentration or get momentarilly sidetrack while cutting. ( I use only my finger tips to direct my work piece as I find it reduces excessive pressure or side to side movement.). No special Blade prep other then using the recommended bit size for the holes, which sometimes requires a little extra effort to insert the blade. I recommend only top feeding on patterns of this magnitutde as finding the hole bottom feeding would be nearly impossible. I also tried spiral reverse blades on half of this cutting although the performance was not as good as the new spiral they did ok and did reduce the amount of fuzzies on the back, but I still prefer the FD new spiral of all spiral I have tried. Like I said 95% or better of this pattern is very stable, normally I tape all of my cutouts back in but did not tape any in for this.

Mike

Absolutely beautiful! :shock: Amazing detail, wonderful subject. You did a great job on it. I have a few of your patterns in my cut list I look forward to cutting. Be sure to put a copy in your User's Gallery. That is certainly something to be proud of. Nicely done! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...