RBI Hawk Scroll Saw

oldhudson

In my local CL there are 3 RBI Hawk scroll saws for sales in the $350 range. I wondered if those who have knowledge of this brand could comment and the quality of the saw and if the price is fair. I use my Delta affixed to my work bench. It sort of appears that the Hawk requires a stand, is that correct?

Thanks for reading.

Good morning Berry

Recently I've researched the Hawk. On the latest model available now the blade clamps and parallel arms have been upgraded from previous models. Excellent customer reviews and it's one of the higher end scroll saws. I believe the price on the 26" was around $1800.00. I have the Excalibur 30 first generation and parts are no longer available. It has performed flawlessly since new 15 years ago with never an issue. Still running like a charm and hope to get another 15 years. Anyways I would find out what models those ones for sale are and do some research and make sure parts are still available if needed. Then I would check them out and if there are no issues make an offer. I never pay the asking price, but for around &350.00 it sounds like it could be a good buy. Stands should be available. Others here that own a Hawk should be able to give you the pros and cons. Hopefully one of the saws for sale have no issues in operating, parts are available and you get it for a good price. The good thing is that it's not made off shore and service should be excellent.

Good morning Berry

Recently I've researched the Hawk. On the latest model available now the blade clamps and parallel arms have been upgraded from previous models. Excellent customer reviews and it's one of the higher end scroll saws. I believe the price on the 26" was around $1800.00. I have the Excalibur 30 first generation and parts are no longer available. It has performed flawlessly since new 15 years ago with never an issue. Still running like a charm and hope to get another 15 years. Anyways I would find out what models those ones for sale are and do some research and make sure parts are still available if needed. Then I would check them out and if there are no issues make an offer. I never pay the asking price, but for around &350.00 it sounds like it could be a good buy. Stands should be available. Others here that own a Hawk should be able to give you the pros and cons. Hopefully one of the saws for sale have no issues in operating, parts are available and you get it for a good price. The good thing is that it's not made off shore and service should be excellent.

I got an E=mail from scrollshop ,about the new owners and the new saws ,they are building ,very well done video a lot of interesting stuff about blade alignment pro n cons well worth viewing ,straight forward honest rewiew of many areas of interest to any scroller ,The saw is impressive ,the price more so

may be justifiable for some of you pros ,my 788  is like my 30 ott6 .I have little need for a sniper rifle ,I don't plan to shoot 1000 +yds ,nor cut 6 hrs a day every day .If you do ,looks like a good option ,I just can't begin to justify the price ,difference 3 times ! I am in no way knocking the saw in any way ,very impressed with the video and the owners presentation .the video is excellent and well worth watching .

I got an E=mail from scrollshop ,about the new owners and the new saws ,they are building ,very well done video a lot of interesting stuff about blade alignment pro n cons well worth viewing ,straight forward honest rewiew of many areas of interest to any scroller ,The saw is impressive ,the price more so

may be justifiable for some of you pros ,my 788  is like my 30 ott6 .I have little need for a sniper rifle ,I don't plan to shoot 1000 +yds ,nor cut 6 hrs a day every day .If you do ,looks like a good option ,I just can't begin to justify the price ,difference 3 times ! I am in no way knocking the saw in any way ,very impressed with the video and the owners presentation .the video is excellent and well worth watching .

That's one of the items I saw when researching the Hawk. Like you say, very impressive. I am leaning towards purchasing the Hawk if ever my Excalibur gives up the ghost.

If it doesn't have variable speed leave it right where it is, a lot of their earlier models didn't have it. I don't know about you, but, I do know that I wouldn't want a saw without it.

Len

I sent the seller an email yesterday asking that question, does it have variable speed. It's a NO so I'm leaving it in his shop. Thanks to all who provided insight.